This Indian style green chili chutney is a fresh, tangy and flavorful condiment that can add a nice kick of spice and tons of flavor to any of your favorite foods!
The chutney packs in some carefully chosen ingredients including fresh cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic, green chilies and lime, and gets instantly transformed into a vibrant condiment that pairs well with Indian snacks, street foods and sandwiches.
It is a versatile chutney that pairs well with a variety of dishes, such as grilled meats, fish, tacos, sandwiches, or even as a dip for chips or veggies.
Here's a detailed recipe to make this lip-smacking goodness:
Also, known as Coriander Chutney, Dhaniya Chutney, or Hari Chutney, this zesty sauce is known for its bright green color and refreshing taste.
- 1 cups loosely packed cilantro
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 2 green chili, add more or less adjust to spice level
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4-5 TBS water
How to Make the Green Chili Chutney
Here's a quick step-by-step instruction guide for this for green chili chutney recipe:
- Soak the cilantro and rinse 2-3 times to clean it thoroughly. Trim off the stems and use the leaves and attached tender stems.
- Discard the thick mint stems-use only leaves
- Add green chilies, ginger, garlic, cumin and salt to the blender. Top that with cilantro, mint and lime juice.
- Blend the the mixture until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding a tablespoon of chilled water.
- You can add some chaat masala for extra flavor.
Aaaandddd......... we're done!