This creamy and flavor packed black pepper aioli is the perfect condiment to team up with your fries, baked veggies and so much more.
It takes just a few minutes to put together, needs 5 simple pantry staples, and is a kickass condiment you can pair with just about anything.
I’ve been swooning over the perfect balance of creamy texture and that pop of flavor when I last tried my sundried tomato aioli recipe.
So of course, I had to try out another version of the classic aioli, and this time, I thought of featuring black pepper as the hero ingredient, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it turned out.
What's So Great About the Recipe?
My favorite part about this peppery aioli is the fact that it is super simple and easy to make, and totally versatile too.
I like to make it in a batch and store it for later. That way, I always have a nice condiment ready to pair along with my baked and fried foods.
Ingredients For the Black Pepper Aioli Recipe
You’ll need just 5 simple ingredients for this flavorful cracked pepper aioli recipe.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise forms the base for this shortcut aioli. I used the full fat version for the perfect creaminess.
Garlic: Garlic just adds so much flavor to the aioli. You can add as much as you like.
Black pepper: Black pepper forms the essence of this aioli. It complements the garlic beautifully, and brings in a bit of heat too.
Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice brings some nice tart and tangy flavors into the aioli dip.
Olive oil: And of course, olive oil just brings everything together.
See recipe card for quantities.
Also Try: Cowboy Butter Dipping Sauce
How to Make Black Pepper Aioli
This garlic and black pepper aioli comes together super quick. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Blend it well until you get a smooth and uniform mixture. The black pepper can stay a bit chunky, but that's actually great!
Serve it with your favorite sides.
Substitutions & Variations
- I used raw garlic for this recipe, but you can also make do with garlic powder instead.
- To lend the aioli an extra bit of flavor, you can also try using Air Fryer roasted garlic instead of raw garlic, and turn it into a roasted garlic and black pepper aioli.
Another great idea is to add some finely chopped herbs into the mix. Just remember to mix it into the aioli after it is out of the blender, or the aioli will turn into a green colored mixture.
How to Store the Leftover Aioli
Your leftover cracked pepper aioli can be refrigerated and stored for up to 2 weeks.
Just make sure you use a clean, airtight container to preserve its freshness and use a fresh spoon every time you serve it.
You can also just cover the bowl with some cling wrap before you keep it in the fridge.
Also Try: Garlic Avocado Spread
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
- o get some extra lemony goodness into the black pepper aioli, you can add some lemon zest too.
- If you’re concerned about the black pepper affecting the color of the aioli, you could use white pepper instead, and follow the recipe as is.
- You can also add a dash of Kosher salt to bring out the flavors of all the ingredients in the aioli. If you’re watching your sodium intake, you may want to skip this one.
- Remember to choose light olive oil. You wouldn’t want the slight bitterness of the oil affecting the flavor of the other ingredients.
- To make a low calorie version of this aioli, use low fat mayonnaise.
How to Use the Black Pepper Aioli
You can use the black pepper aioli in tons of ways.
It can be a great dip to serve with crudites- your roasted or baked veggies, or even with French fries.
Mix it together with some vinegar and turn it into a nice vinaigrette or salad dressing to go with your green salads.
The aioli tastes incredible when you serve it with grilled shrimp and other seafood too.
I also love serving it with my devilled eggs and chicken wings.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Black Pepper Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 2-3 garlic
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend it well until you get a smooth and uniform mixture.
- Serve it with your favorite sides.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove